Here are a couple of atmospheric black & white photos taken on the gig by our multi-talented male vocalist (and resident instagram guru) Edoardo Santoni.
These pictures of the band were taken while performing at the Sydney University Jazz Dinner Dance (held annually in the hall of St Pauls College). Here’s what the event organiser had to say afterwards:
The Jazz Dinner Dance is one of St Paul’s Colleges most prized and anticipated events in their calendar year. As the name of the event suggests, this meant we needed a Jazz band. Saying this though, there was quite a strict criteria of qualities that we needed the band to have in order for the night to run smoothly so the search for this ‘perfect’ band had become quite stressful. Sydney Jazz Collective matched these needs perfectly by being:
– Able to fit our budget as you provided the best quality service for the best price
– Easy to communicate with, Tom Abbott was a good mix of professional and casual in all communication, listened to all our needs and always did what he said he was going to do
– Flexible on the night to play around dances and other entertainment and play for the extra hour that we ended up needing at the end of the night because everyone was loving the music so much
– Able to follow the vibe of the crowd and notice when to move from the more formal jazz music to the dancey classics
– Able to set up and perform in an organised manner without needing to badger us for information.
Overall, the band was so easy to work with. Everyone enjoyed their work and we would be more than happy to work with them again and recommend them to anyone else that is looking for something similar. Thanks again.
Alex Sharp, Jazz Dinner Dance @ St Pauls College, Sydney University